The Recipe For Making Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers.
You can make Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers using 22 ingredients in 10 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers
- Fill of ● For The Meats.
- Prepare 3/4 Pound of [or 12] 4" Long Thin Chicken Strips [left whole and threaded or cut bite-sized].
- Fill of ● For The Chicken Brine.
- Mix 1/3 Cup of Salt.
- Mix 1/3 Cup of Sugar.
- Add 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic & Granulated Onion Powder.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Ice & Enough Water To Cover Chicken.
- Fill of ● For The Marinade [or, "Tare Sauce."].
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Brown Or 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar.
- Mix 1/4 Cup of Quality Sake Or Dry Sherry.
- Mix 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce [or, Tamari].
- Fill 1/2 Cup of Quality Mirin [a sweet rice wine].
- Fill 3 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed & fine minced].
- Fill 1 inch of Slice Fresh Grated Ginger [smashed & fine minced + a dash of pickled ginger juice].
- Add 1/4 tsp of White Pepper & Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Mix of ● For The Sides, Utensils & Garnishments.
- Insert as needed of Chinese Hot Mustard [definitely hit up that hot mustard!].
- Prepare as needed of Asian Cucumbers.
- Insert as needed of Fresh Cilantro.
- Mix as needed of Pickled Ginger.
- Add as needed of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 5 inch of Wooden Scewers [soaked in sake or water for 5 minutes].
Quick Step To Make Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers
- Create your brine. Place ice, water and all seasonings into sealed tupperware for 3 hours minimum..
- Soak your 5" wooden scewers in a quality Sake or, water for 5 minutes..
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, bring your marinade, or Tare Sauce, to a simmer to dissolve your sugars and spices..
- Allow it to fully cool and place your chicken strips in it for 15 minutes to marinate refrigerated..
- Gather and chop your vegetables for garnish..
- Feed your chicken on to your pre-soaked scewers but definitely reserve your marinade..
- Grill scewers for 7 minutes, then, turn up the heat. You'll want a slight char on your chicken. Constantly baste your chicken with your marinade as they grill. Flip scewers as needed until fully cooked and charred. Don't over cook tho..
- Serve with Soy Sauce, Hot Mustard, Pickled Ginger and any leftover marinade mixed in your Soy Sauce..
- Yakitori with Soy, Marinade, Chinese Hot Mustard and Ginger Dipping Sauce..
- Garnish dish with fresh cilantro, chives, pickled ginger and / or Asian cucumbers. Serve with your marinade and hot mustard sauce. Also, with ice cold Asian beers like Sapporo. Or, even a quality Sake. Enjoy this very simple taste of Japan!.
That's how to make Mike's Grilled Skewered Asian Chicken Yakitori Appetizers Recipe.