The Recipe For Making Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik).
You can make Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik) using 23 ingredients in 4 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik)
- Insert 2 pc of Whole Chicken Leg (deboned).
- Prepare 2 pc of Chicken Breast.
- Insert of Marinade Paste;.
- Insert 50 g of Shallots.
- Insert 30 g of Garlic.
- Mix 20 g of Ginger.
- Fill 20 g of Galangal.
- Mix 10 pc of Dried Chillies (rehydrate, deseeded).
- Add 1 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Insert 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Fill 1 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- Prepare of Marinade Pre-Sauce;.
- Fill 1/2 cup of Sriracha Chilli Sauce.
- Insert 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Insert 2 Tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- Mix 1/4 cup of Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Basting Sauce;.
- Add 1 cup of Reserved Marinade.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
Step By Step To Make Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik)
- MARINATING; Blend the marinade paste until fine. Then add it to the marinade pre-sauce and mix well. Reserve 1 cup of the Marinade and add it to 1 cup of coconut milk to make Basting Sauce. Marinate the chicken for 3 hours or overnight..
- GRILLING; Grease the grill with oil. Grill the chicken skin side down first, for 5 minutes; Do Not Move the Chicken, let it sit. While the bottom is cooking, baste the top half with the basting sauce. After 5 minutes, switch sides and baste the chicken. Cook the chicken for minimum 20 minutes..
- If there are any leftover Basting sauce, you can heat it, reduce the liquid and serve it as a sauce..
- NOTE; I'm using coconut charcoal briquettes. You have to wait until the entire brick turns white before grilling and this will take a long time. When it turns to white, break it apart and spread it around the pit..
That's how to make Grilled Chicken in Spicy Percik Sauce (Ayam Percik) Recipe.