The Recipe For Making Grilled Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken.
You can make Grilled Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken using 15 ingredients in 6 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Grilled Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken
- Add 1/3 cup of vegetable oil (or any oil that you like).
- Fill 1/3 cup of water.
- Add 1 of (7 ounce can chipotle peppers to taste!!).
- Mix 1 tbsp of adobo sauce that the peppers are packed in.
- Insert 2 tbsp of lime juice (fresh or concentrate).
- Insert 1 of zest of 1 lime (optional).
- Add 2 tbsp of honey.
- Fill 1 tbsp of mined garlic.
- Add 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Add 1 tsp of salt.
- Fill 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
- Mix 1/2 tsp of cumin powder (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder (optional).
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of chicken (cut into 8 pieces).
Step By Step To Make Grilled Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken
- Combine first 14 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. No processor? Just chop peppers finely and mix by hand. The amount of chipotle peppers used depends on you. I use 4 peppers and the heat level is just right for me. If you want hotter simply add more..
- Add cut up chicken and marinade in a gallon size zip lock bag to marinate for at least two hours, turning over periodically. I like to let mine marinate overnight in the fridge. Make sure to put bag on a plate in case of any leakage..
- Cook on desired grill until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F. You can also cook on a wire rack in a 375°F oven for about an hour turning over once. Also making sure internal temperature reaches at least 165°F..
- If you want to use any leftover marinade to baste chicken with while cooking, make sure to bring marinade to a boil for a few minutes to kill any bacteria that may be present. If not comfortable with this, just discard leftover marinade..
- You can use any kind of boneless, skinless chicken that you like in this recipe. My cover picture is of what I cooked in my smoker. Grilled or oven cooked is pretty tasty either way. Have fun with it. Enjoy!.
That's how to make Grilled Chipotle Honey Lime Chicken Recipe.