The Recipe For Making Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast.
You can make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast using 19 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast
- Mix of For the turkey:.
- Mix 1 of (7-8 lb) turkey breast.
- Add 2 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Insert 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Mix 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Fill 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder (1/2 for more heat).
- Mix 3 tbs of warm water.
- Add 1 tbs of honey.
- Mix 1/3 cup of oil (vegetable or light olive is best).
- Add of Other supplies.
- Fill 1 bag of charcoal (if smoker/grill is charcoal).
- Prepare 1 bag of hickory, mesquite or apple wood chips.
- Prepare of Injector syringe with needle.
- Add of Smoker or large grill.
- Add of Water.
- Fill of Smoker box (for gas grills).
- Insert of Grill thermometer.
- Insert of Meat thermometer.
Step By Step To Make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast
- Remove turkey breast from package, rinse and then pat dry with clean paper towels. Place on a large platter or foil lined cookie sheet, meat side up..
- In a mediun bowl mix together all the dry seasoning. Add the water and honey. Stir with fork to combine until honey is fully melted in. Slowly add oil while continuing to stir constantly..
- When everything is well incorporated set 1 tbs of mixture aside. Draw remaining mixture up into injector syringe and inject into turkey breast in several places all over until all of the mixture is used up. Rub reserved mixture all over skin..
- Soak wood chips in water for about 15 minutes while you prepare your smoker according to its user manual, or set up a grill for indirect heat if you do not have a smoker. Note: indirect heat means building your fire on one side of the kettle and placing meat over the empty space (usually filled with a "drip pan") on the other side to cook slowly..
- When the smoker reaches 300°F, place wood chips directly on coals (or into smoker box placed on flame for gas grills). Place turkey breast on grate and cover tightly with lid. Cook for 2 - 3 hrs, checking every 20 - 30 minutes, replacing coals and chips as needed. Turkey is done when internal temp reaches at least 165°f..
- When turkey breast is done remove from smoker, tent loosely with foil and let rest 20-30 minutes before carving..
- Note: If the turkey breast begins looking too brown but is not fully cooked you can either tent with foil while still on the smoker or transfer to a 300°F oven (again, tent with foil) to finish cooking..
That's how to make Cajun Injected Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe.