The Recipe For Making Grilled Paella.
You can make Grilled Paella using 20 ingredients in 11 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Grilled Paella
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs, halved.
- Fill 1/2 lb of raw shrimp, shelled and deveined.
- Add 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Add 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Add 1 tsp of Chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 lb of Spanish style chorizo.
- Fill 1-2 lbs of mussels, scrubbed.
- Insert 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Fill 1 cup of roasted red peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 3 cups of arborio rice.
- Fill 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Fill 8 oz of clam juice.
- Fill 1 Tbsp of seafood soup base (Penzeys).
- Prepare 2/3 cup of dry sherry.
- Insert 3 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Mix 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, wedged.
- Add 2 sprigs of rosemary.
Quick Step To Make Grilled Paella
- Combine the paprika and the chipotle. Half the seasoning between two small bowls. In one half portion, add the garlic powder, along with a tsp of salt. Use this garlic/pepper seasoning to season the chicken and shrimp. Scrub the muscles or clams, and discard any that are open (they're dead)..
- Prep everything before hand. Start a full chimney of charcoal..
- Evenly lay out your chimney of coals. Add 10-20 unlit briquettes on top of the lit coals. You'll need this extra fuel to keep the cook going. If you're roasting your own peppers, now is the time to blacken them on the grill..
- Grill your chicken only until it starts to show grill marks..
- Remove the chicken and roasted red peppers. The peppers steam and are peeled and roughly chopped. You can just use jarred roasted pepper if you want..
- Place a large roasting pan on the grill. Add the oil and heat until shimmering..
- Add the onions, minced garlic, and red peppers to the pan. Place the chorizo on the edges to sear. Remove them as soon as they brown..
- When the vegetables begin to stick to the bottom add the remaining half portion of paprika/chipotle. Stir to combine..
- Add the rice and stir to coat. If needed add a little more oil. Continue to cook until the rice begins to toast..
- Add the stock all at once. Follow by placing the chicken around the edges of the pan. Followed by the sausages moving to the center. Place the shrimp in the middle in a layer. Wedge the lemons into the broth and place the rosemary into the broth. (I added the mussels here, but they should be added later). Cover and cook with all vents fully open for 20 min. I had a few cherry tomatoes and threw them in too..
- After 20 min, wedge the mussels (or clams) into the rice. Sprinkle with frozen peas, and cook another 20 min. The mussels should open and release their juices. Adding them later will ensure they're not overcooked. Serve in big bowls..
That's how to make Grilled Paella Recipe.