The Recipe For Making Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken.
You can make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken using 13 ingredients in 8 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken
- Mix of Grilled Citrus Chicken.
- Mix 2 large of Boneless Chicken Breasts [roughly the same size].
- Fill 1 large of Fresh Orange [halved & squeezed-reserves rinds].
- Add 1 large of Fresh Lemon [halved & squeezed-reserve rinds].
- Insert 1 large of Fresh Lime [halved & squeezed-reserve rinds].
- Fill 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder & Onion Powder.
- Insert 1 tbsp of Dried Chives.
- Mix 1/3 tsp of White Pepper.
- Fill 1 tsp of Sea, Salt.
- Insert 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Mix of Kitchen Equipment.
- Prepare 1 large of Ziplock Bag.
- Mix 1 of Grill.
Quick Step To Make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken
- Clean your chicken breasts under cold water. Clean chicken of any fat or anything unsightly and pat them dry. Place chicken and 2 tbs olive oil in your Ziplock Bag and massage..
- Slice your fruits and squeeze them directly in to the Ziplock bag atop your chicken breasts. Feel free to add additional splashes of citrus juices you may enjoy..
- Add your spices, seal your bag and shake it up. Beat your chicken and fruits hard with your fists whenever you think about it for about an hour. You're tenderizing your chicken and assisting your citrus marinade..
- Clean, heat and spray grill. Place chicken on the grill on medium heat and place your large pieces of smashed fruit on top of them. Save marinade in Ziplock Bag for later use..
- Close grill. Grill at about 375° for 20 minutes [depending upon meat thickness] flipping chicken occasionally. Don't burn or char your chicken just yet but, you do want to see some grill or score marks as pictured below. Keep fruit rinds on top of your chicken. ° Add the remainder of your marinade to your chicken breasts during this time. Remember, not only are you [not] brining this chicken for added moisture - you're also grilling this meat over open flames. With that, you'll want all of the moisture you can get in this chicken!.
- Check your chicken for doneness by piercing the center of your thickest piece of meat. If the juices run clear, they're done. If not, grill a bit longer..
- It's time to put a char your chicken! Turn that grill up and put some black on em'! Once completed, I like to [lightly] squeeze an orange and lemon half over my charred chicken..
- Serve any way you'd like! I serve mine with this easy, delicious, Asian Orange Ginger Slaw. Enjoy!.
That's how to make Mike's Grilled Citrus Chicken Recipe.