The Recipe For Making Grilled Jerk Chicken.
You can make Grilled Jerk Chicken using 14 ingredients in 7 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Grilled Jerk Chicken
- Add 4-6 of each chicken, breast or thighs 6 oz. each (delicious with pork :).
- Fill of salt -to lightly season the chicken before it is marinaded.
- Add 2-3 ounces of lime juice-fresh is best- 2-3 limes.
- Mix 3 ounces of oil.
- Insert 1/4 teaspoon of ginger,powdered or 1 tablespoon fresh peeled and chopped.
- Mix 3 cloves of garlic-chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Insert 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- Fill 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of paprika.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Insert 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix 1 of each scotch bonnet or habanero chilies wear gloves and take out the seeds for less heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cilantro -no stems.
Easy Way To Make Grilled Jerk Chicken
- Season the chicken lightly with salt.
- Mix the entire jerk marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute..
- Place the chicken and jerk marinade in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and let sit for at least 1 hour more time adds more flavor. (This can marinate overnight).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade an save the leftover marinade...you can brush the chicken with it just before you are done grilling..
- On a moderate heated grill Cook until the the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 -170 degrees F.. Use the left over marinade and brush over the chicken 3 minutes before it is finished..
- Cooking Notes -We also did this in a 350 degree oven and had very good results. Charcoal grill is my favorite !!!.
That's how to make Grilled Jerk Chicken Recipe.