The Recipe For Making Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast.
You can make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast using 23 ingredients in 9 quick steps. The following is an easy way to make it.
Ingredients Required To Make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast
- Add 4 of large boneless skinless chicken breasts, rinsed, and patted dry.
- Fill 2 Tbs. of vegetable or olive oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Insert of For the rub:.
- Prepare 2 Tbs. of dark brown sugar.
- Fill 2 tsp. of salt.
- Mix 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- Insert 1 tsp. of ground coriander.
- Fill 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- Insert 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice.
- Add 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Add of For the sauce:.
- Mix 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- Mix 1/3 cup of dark rum.
- Mix 1/3 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 8 oz. of can crush pineapple bits with juice.
- Insert 1 Tbs. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- Add of For the garnish:.
- Mix 1 of pineapple, peeled, cored, cut in 1” thick slices.
- Mix 2 of scallions (green onions), chopped for garnish.
Step By Step To Make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast
- Place chicken breasts on a platter with raised sides and cover the breasts with oil. Rub both sides with garlic. In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients with a spoon. Dust both sides of the chicken breasts and gently rub the spices against the meat. Lightly cover the chicken with a towel and refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- In a small saucepan, add the butter, rum, brown sugar, can of pineapple bits (with juice), and Worcestershire sauce. Add a dash of red pepper flakes. Bring to a mild boil over medium-high heat and continue to stir and heat for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow this to cool and thicken for 30 minutes..
- Prepare outdoor grill. One side of the grill should be high, other side medium. Clean the grates with a wire brush and coat well with vegetable oil using a balled paper towel or aluminum foil..
- Adjust the high heat side down to “medium,” with the other grilling surface to “low.” Place the “thickest” part of the breast over the “medium” heat side of the grill on a 45˚ angle to the grate. [Facing 10 on a clock].
- Grill for 5 minutes (if more than 1” thick). Turn the chicken over and grill for another 4-5 minutes in the same direction or position..
- Turn the chicken over once again (this time facing 2 on a clock). Medium heat on the thicker side of the meat. This may require adjusting the flame on a gas grill or moving the grate around on a charcoal grill..
- Brush the sauce over the chicken breasts very thick and grill for 2 minutes. Turn the breasts over, keeping within the same direction and brush more sauce on top. Grill for another 2 minutes. Place the chicken on a serving platter and add more sauce. Set aside..
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook on both sides for 4 minutes using the sauce. When done, place the slices on a small plate and move them to a cutting board. Slice up the rings into 1” pieces..
- Place the chicken breasts on individual plates, add the pineapple pieces, and top this with chopped scallions. Serve with your favorite rice mixture. [Pictured, black beans and rice].
That's how to make Tropical-Spiced Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe.